Donate to La Casa Inc.
Use the button to the right to make a tax-deductible donation to La Casa via PayPal
La Casa depends on the financial support of individuals, businesses, churches, and service groups. These contributions are used to support programming, travel expenses for victims and their children needing to relocate for safety reasons, educational and recreational materials for the children in the shelter.
There are many different ways to support La Casa. In the past we have received donations through:
- Cash donations
- Matching gifts through workplace matching gift programs
- Sponsorship of our events
- Donations made in honor or in memory of a loved one
- Donations of used vehicles
- Volunteering your time
For more information on donating to La Casa, please call La Casa at 575-526-2819 or write to La Casa at PO Box 2463 Las Cruces, NM 88004.
La Casa Guild
La Casa Support Guild was established 25 years ago to be the fundraising arm for La Casa. Its first goal is to raise money to purchase and furnish the current domestic violence shelter. The Guild's nickname is "The Face and Heart of La Casa."
Click here for more information about the La Casa Support Guild (This page is being updated, please check back!)
Volunteer and Internship Opportunities at La Casa
Volunteers can make the difference. We welcome and encourage reliable, flexible, and committed individuals to volunteer their time and their talents. Won't you help? All it takes is three hours a week of your time. There are a wide variety of opportunities to assist including:
- Children's activities and projects
- Shelter volunteer
- General office work
- Special events and tabling
- Yard work and maintenance
Additionally NMSU interns, practicum students and students needing community service hours for classes are invited to gain job related experience by volunteering.
The Procedures for becoming a Volunteer are:
- Call and make an appointment with our Volunteer Coordinator at 526-2819 or stop by La Casa and complete a volunteer application.
- Fill out application and interview
- Process application
- Follow up interview with program interest area coordinator
- Attend training
Click here to download a Volunteer/Internship Application
and fax to (575) 526-8542