Support La Casa, Inc. In Your Own Way!
WHAT IS A THIRD PARTY EVENT?
A third-party event is an event organized, hosted, sponsored, and staffed by an external, or non-affiliated, group in support of or benefitting La Casa, Inc.
- Fundraisers benefitting La Casa, Inc. must be in keeping with our mission and provide educational awareness to the general public on Domestic Violence. La Casa, Inc. reserves the right to decline any fundraising proposal that is not in line with our mission.
- The third-party fundraiser is responsible for all vendor agreements, contracts, insurance, and necessary permits for the event. La Casa, Inc. will not assume any legal or financial liability for a third-party event. La Casa, Inc., any of its Board Members, or staff reserve the right to cancel involvement in the event at any time. La Casa, Inc. will incur no liability for any such cancellation.
- Third-party fundraising events must be fully executed by the third-party fundraiser(s). La Casa, Inc. staff is available to provide fundraising recommendations and information during your planning process. However, due to limited staff resources, La Casa, Inc. staff cannot plan or guarantee promotion of third-party fundraising events.
MARKETING AND PROMOTIONS GUIDELINES
- La Casa, Inc. is not a sponsor of third-party fundraising events and should be listed as a “beneficiary” on all promotional materials.
- Third-party event fundraisers are authorized to use the La Casa, Inc. logo available upon request
- The third-party fundraiser is responsible for all marketing, including writing and distributing press releases, PSA’s, Facebook postings, invitations, ads, etc.
CHARITABLE GIVING GUIDELINES
- Unless your organization is a registered non-profit entity, donations made to it are NOT tax deductible.
- Donations made directly to a third-party event can be used to cover the event’s expenses, but are not tax-deductible.
- A donation solicited on behalf of La Casa, Inc. is fully tax deductible only when it is made directly and entirely to La Casa, Inc., as we are the only agents who can verify that such a gift was made, and the nature of the gift, to the IRS. Donors wishing to receive a tax acknowledgment letter should provide their do-nation via check or online.
- If you would like a personalized link for your donors to donate to - please make sure to include this on your application.