Hours: 8am-5pm, some flexible hours
Condition of Employment: Full-Time; Contingent upon funding
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Development and Communications
- Maintain and update donor database and organize solicitations, newsletters and other communications with donors as needed for events.
- Attends all Development Committee meetings.
- Develop, implement and execute a robust fundraising program with ongoing events to increase revenue to support resources and programs for residential and non-residential clients.
- Develop relationships with potential individual donors and corporate partners for La Casa, Inc.
- Act as a point of contact on behalf of the organization for public relations on fund-raising, as instructed by the supervisor and the CEO.
- Create and manage annual giving campaigns and planned giving initiatives.
- Engage local retail, restaurant, and art vendors that would be appropriate for events.
- Prepare vendor and sponsor set-up packages and meetings to distribute and finalize event details.
- Closely monitor and keep social media sites and website up to date with current events and campaigns.
Fundraising and Marketing
- Assist in maintaining and managing donor information for all fundraising events including the Holiday Bazaar and other individual and event-based donations.
- Works with the Chief Executive Officer and Finance Director to ensure donations are tracked and donors receive acknowledgement.
- Develop and circulate awareness materials throughout the community.
- Assist in any special promotions, contests, and other marketing initiatives.
- Maintain adequate inventory of brochures, handouts and other related printed materials and videos needed for tabling and presentations.
- Work with CEO, Directors, and Board Members to coordinate logistics, assist with sales, marketing, and promotions and overall plan and concept for La Casa special events, including, but not limited to: The Annual Holiday Bazaar, Community Vigil, and large third-party fundraisers.
- Supervise volunteers being used at events both on and offsite.
- Coordinate with Finance Director in planning cash needs and cash handling for events.
- Submit monthly donor report to the supervisor and Finance Manager.
- Work with front desk staff on donor relations, tracking and customer service.
- Attend meetings and provide feedback to the supervisor as directed.
- Plan, schedule and lead the Annual Community Vigil for Domestic Violence Awareness Month and other organization sponsored events including: staff events, staff birthdays, work anniversaries and staff acknowledgments.
- Identify, spec out, contract, and execute with third party vendors logistics for the special events, including but not limited to tenting, fencing, porta-johns, generators, tables, chairs, power, staging, and signage
- Work closely with departments to plan events that relate to Domestic Violence Awareness.
- Coordinate and work collaboratively with departments on annual events such as the holiday toy drive, annual client holiday party and food basket drive. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Work with departments to determine needs of clients and ensure all clients are included.
- Obtain donations and organize resources for clients.
- Utilize volunteers to organize food, gift wrapping, decorations, entertainment and other details are successfully implemented for all events.
- Coordinate pick-up and tracking prizes, signs, shirts, and other items.
- Schedule and provide support to our Outreach Department with community presentations and other tabling events.
- Ongoing professional development through attendance of trainings and seminars.
- Attendance at all agency staff meetings.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to drive agency vehicles on a daily basis to project areas including all rural communities.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent project management and time-management skills required.
- Highest level of customer service; 3+ years required.
- Experience executing events and meetings required.
- Public-speaking and presentation experience required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications and Zoom.
- Experience using digital marketing resources for promotion, stewardship, and communication
- such as social media, email platforms like Outlook, and design tools like Canva.
- Familiarity with the social, cultural, and economic make-up of New Mexico.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains confidentiality throughout daily operations.
- Able to maintain boundaries with clients.
- Access to a reliable automobile, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Organized, flexible, reliable team player.