Hours: As assigned. Variable up to 40 hours per week including overnights.
Reports to: Residential Services Director
Condition of Employment: Varies
Salary: Contingent upon experience
- Responding to 24-hour Crisis Hotline by providing crisis intervention to victims and perpetrators of domestic violence and others needing information, support and referral.
- Providing informal counseling, support and assistance to residents of the shelter.
- Coordination of residents’ chore responsibilities and supervision of shelter rules.
- Distribution of food, clothing, personal and cleaning supplies to clients as necessary.
- Facilitation of recreational and educational group activities with children who are shelter residents with supervision from children’s staff.
- Ensures safety of shelter by roaming and supervising shelter grounds and reporting all safety and maintenance-related issues by preparing a work order and reporting to Shelter Staff Supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Complete assigned advocate chores related to upkeep of the shelter.
- Removal of donations from foyer and other areas in the building and placement in donation room.
- Attendance at shelter staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Transportation of clients to and from appointments, school, and other approved destinations.
- Supervision and support of shelter volunteers
- Completion of all required documentation and paperwork in a timely and through manner.
- Assist kitchen staff or supervise residents when cooking.
- Assist with cleaning and shelter maintenance.
- Transport clients safely using agency van, if approved.
- Mediation for residents, if necessary.
- Report concerns regarding residents and their children through proper channels.
- Be familiar with and follow all La Casa safety and emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 21 years of age required.
- At least 23 years of age with clean driving record and willingness to drive agency van preferred.
- High School Diploma and one year related education or experience in a helping profession
- Bilingual preferred.
- Warm, empathic, and non-judgmental with demonstrated ability to maintain healthy boundaries with clients and staff.